This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Their Siren, Charlie Hart ; Anastasia James

by - Thursday, November 30, 2017


Their Siren, (Daughters of Olympus )
Charlie Hart ; Anastasia James
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Getting lost at sea wasn’t exactly how I planned to spend my twenty-first birthday. One second I was standing on the shore, wondering if I’ll ever learn the truth about my parents, and the next I’m caught in a whirlpool, drowning. Someone––or something––is out to get me. But who? And why? An elite sailing team saved my life, but these irresistible men seem to think I called them here. They say I’m a Siren. Their Siren. My glittering green legs could make a believer out of anyone, but I’m not a creature from the sea. I’m Harlow, a pink-haired girl with a penchant for iced-coffees, who dreams of one day feeling comfortable in her own skin. Turns out there’s a whole lot about me I never knew. And these men are here to help me figure it out. I wanted to become more badass this year … I’d say growing a tail qualifies.

Releases 12/1
Synopsis:
Harlow was abandoned as a baby on the very beach she finds herself on, the evening of her 21st Birthday. Events quickly unfolding landing her on a boat with four handsome men claiming they found her because she called out to them. Harlow is physically changed and for unknown reasons also drawn to these men. 

Overview:
So really all I needed to know to put this on special stalker status was, who the authors were. Then they said mermaids and I was front and center THEN they unveiled that beautiful cover and I was so there. 😍 After reading I can easily give this my full support but I will say I was a little disappointed in ONE part. 😑 NO.PLAYFUL.FRECKLES?!?!?! 😒 .. Hopefully that isn't a spoiler for anyone ! 

via GIPHY
When I first saw that our main female was named Harlow I was thinking that sounded familiar. Well the reason is we actually met her in Charlie Hart's, "Our Virgin" series, Harlow is the cute little odd duck Chloe makes quick friends with. So it was nice to say hello to old friends but never fear if you didn't read it then you can read this one without the other. Each book I believe is going to tie into the same plot and probably touch in with prior characters but I believe we will be meeting a new set of romantic partners each time.

I really liked all of the characters, the guys have various backgrounds but they are solid men.  They know even when pulling a female out of the sea that they believe may have always lived in the sea, so obviously in new territory. There is something so right about being with her. Harlow, despite outside forces that try to tell her the sailors are going to trick and hurt her... She just knows her connection with them is right, and she belongs with them.

If I were to say what was my favorite thing about this book, it would be the physical changes to Harlow and the magical descriptions the authors used. You'll notice I haven't elaborated on those changes in this review, it is because I don't want to ruin the surprise. I especially loved the changes to her hair after the guys first pulled her into their boat.

via GIPHY
** I know cliche to use Little Mermaid, bc this is no Disney taIL: (pun intended) 😆. But homage should be paid to a classic**  

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram