This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Wings of Stone (Protectors of Magic), Jenna Wolfhart

by - Monday, January 08, 2018


Wings of Stone, (Protectors of Magic)
Jenna Wolfhart
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Magic is dying. And I'm the only one who can stop it. Human. Weak. Sick. That's what I've been told I am all my life. But when magic hunters attack the castle where I've been kept hidden since birth, I discover my whole world is built on lies. Because the hunters are after me. Running for my life, I'm rescued by four dangerously handsome gargoyle shifters. They say they're here to save me...but maybe they only want to save themselves. Because, as it turns out, I'm not merely human. I am a Protector of Magic--if I die, magic will vanish from the world. And my four winged guardians will turn to stone forever. Wings of Stone is the first book in a new reverse harem urban fantasy series full of romance, danger, and magic.


Rowena has lived locked away in the Shadow Witch's castle for as long as she can remember. She's so sick that she can barely leave her room, only getting a small walk in every day. One day, that walk changes her life. A stranger visits the castle and things are never the same again. Now she's running for her life, learning everything she's ever been told was a lie. What happens when the people who have been lying to you are the ones you have to rely on to help save you?

I really really enjoyed this first book. Rowena, while believed to be sick and frail, is a really kickass  heroine. She's brave and determined and she cares so much for others. Even when they don't deserve it. The four guardians in this book are just oh so yummy. I think broody Silas is my favorite though. He's just misunderstood and we all love an underdog right?

While we don't have much of a romantic aspect happening in this book, you can see the start of things. There was plenty of other stuff going on to keep you occupied anyway. A lot of secrets, lies and action. A great set up for this series! I can't wait for the next one and I'm so glad it's already up for preorder! you can grab it here.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram