This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Deadly Princes by Tabitha Barret

by - Thursday, July 05, 2018


Deadly Princes, (Queen of the Mist Book 1)
Tabitha Barret
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
One Discerning Princess. Three Ambitious Princes. Four Kingdoms Fighting for their Survival. Upon the death of her father, Princess Yasmine learns that she must marry a prince before she can rightfully claim her father's throne and become Queen of the Mountain Mist. She willfully rejects the idea and wishes to rule the throne by herself. Her advisors, who believe she is not capable of ruling alone, decide that a competition of strength will determine who sits upon their throne. A prince from each of the three surrounding kingdoms is invited to compete for the crown and the hand of Princess Yasmine. The princess, however, will test the princes in her own way to determine their worth. The death of Yasmine's father, King Grigor, couldn’t have come at a worse time because the kingdoms are under attack by Senki Demoni, shadow demons who kill without warning or cause. If the four kingdoms can't find a way to work past their differences and unite to destroy the Senki once and for all, each of them risk losing everything. Yasmine must decide who, if any, can win her heart, the seafarer, the archer, or the sorcerer. Can one of the three handsome princes prove themselves worthy of the defiant princess, who doesn't believe she needs a king by her side to rule her people? Together, can they solve the mystery behind the Senki attacks and save their kingdoms? Deadly Princes is the 1st book in the Queen of the Mist Fantasy Reverse Harem series.

Overview:
So I have to say this is a hard one to review. I haven't had a chance to do the review for a few days since I finished reading it and I've gone back and forth. If I could I would give this a solid 4.5 stars, but we just can't do that can we? I'm addressing this first before I get into a full review on the book and give you more info on the plot and characters. So the side that wants to give a five star review is this: the writing was awesome, the character development was great, I like Yasmine which is a big thing for me I do NOT like when I read books where all I want to do is shake our female main leads. My reason for going with the four star is that while I was reading the book there were regular points where I kind of pulled back and said, "what the heck"? So here is my disclaimer you might start to read this and also go.. "do I want to keep reading?".. yes you do. This gets a four stars because while I love this plot build I feel like Mrs Barret walked a very precarious line in the relationship development.

Yasmine:
Anyone with any ounce of feminism leanings will love our main lady. Yasmine was raised in a man's world, where she is expected to not be seen or heard. Her worth is only what marriage alliance she can secure, per her "advisors". But Yasmine has the benefit of training of mind and body to lead and a spirit that will not be told no. She was blessed to be loved by family and even when her family is dead and gone, their impact on her upbringing isn't.

via GIPHY

The Deadly Princes:
My goodness, these three arrive to woo Yasmine and fight to become her husband boys only to become men. Basically Yasmine is being forced to marry one of them and her kingdom hosts a competition for the prices to complete, then winner gets to marry her. All three have their own conflicting agenda's and desires for their potential bride. Basically Yasmine has her work cut out for her whipping these boys in shape. 
via GIPHY

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram