This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Just Jayne, Ripley Proserpina

by - Monday, April 08, 2019


Just Jayne
Ripley Proserpina
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Jayne Burns has come too far in her life to look back. An orphan, she's used to being no one's choice. Not anymore. When she lands a job as a private tutor for the adopted daughter of a world famous guitarist, everything changes. The rock gods of Rochester's Pathos, Tennyson, Lee, Klaus, and Diego set their sights on her, and sweep Jayne off her feet. But the band has a secret, and if it comes to light, they'll lose Jayne. They refuse to give her up, and they'll tell any lie, barricade any door, and fight any foe to keep her. **Just Jayne is a full-length, stand-alone reverse harem romance**


I absolutely devoured this book. Ok, so I'm gonna let y'all in on a little secret. I've never read Jane Eyre. Don't hate me, I'm just being honest here. It is the inspiration for this book though and now, even though I know I should have already read it, I want to go back and read Jane Eyre. That's how much I loved this book. Ripley did a phenomenal job of drawing you in, keeping you interested, and just making everything flow so smoothly.

Jayne is a private tutor who has jumped from job to job as needed. She is highly recommended, incredibly intelligent and devoted to her work. So when she gets hired for the rock band Rochester's Pathos, she barely blinks an eye. At first. This group of guys though seems to be her undoing. I can't blame her at all. These men are all something special. Unfortunately, they also come with secrets. You would kind of expect that from a rock band that's been around as long as they have but this secret, it's one that changes everything. Ripley keeps us hanging on the edge of our seat to figure out what it is. Even when I thought I had it figured out, I wasn't quite right.

To me, this book has everything you want. We've got an emotional ride, a devastating but character building past for our FMC, a dark and secret filled past for our boys, lies and deceit, mystery and angst. Just a well rounded, beautiful story that will break you apart and put you back together.

I have to say this is my absolute favorite book by this author and while I love that it's a standalone, I could have read so much more about this group. Highly recommend.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram