This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Boys and Burlesque, Ripley Proserpina

by - Monday, December 16, 2019


Boys and Burlesque
Ripley Proserpina
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
They were my whole world—four boys who morphed from best friends to lovers. They were my biggest fans, and my quiet strength. Until they left me. What I once gave freely became my weakness. Judged, shamed, alone, and with no one to count on, I found I’d do anything to survive. I never bared my soul, but my body was my ticket to success. And fame. Burlesque might not have been the type of dance I dreamed of, but it rocketed me to the top. My body was mine to own. If people wanted to see me, they had to pay for a ticket. But all my carefully laid plans and rebuilt dreams crash when the spotlight lands on the boys who used to be mine. Josh, Brant, Wes, and Landry are back, standing at the edge of the stage and holding the pieces of my heart. They want forgiveness. A second chance. But when I handed them my heart once, they shattered it. And I might not survive giving it to them again.


There are so many things to love about this book. First off, it's a standalone. With all of these series these days that leave you hanging on over and over again (not complaining but you know it's true), sometimes it is nice to just pick up a book and get the entire story. A long, intense, emotional, complete story. I knew from the beginning that this book was going to break my heart and it did. Even when you know it's coming, it just rips your heart right out. But our girl, she is a strong one. She  may have wanted the men in her life but she learns she doesn't NEED them in her life. She can stand on her own two feet. And she does. She makes something of her self. She uses her heartbreak and pain and accomplishes something for her. So when these boys show back up, she doesn't let them walk right back in. Which was just plain amazing. So many times you have a weak heroine who tries to come off as strong but as soon as the man says so much as I'm sorry, they let them right back in. Not our girl. She makes them work for it. Makes them prove themselves after the crap they pulled. We had some really amazing side characters in this book as well. I mean, there were just so so many good things going on in this book. While this isn't my favorite "story" by Ripley (Briar still holds that spot right now) but I think it was the most well written book that Ripley has. Everything just flowed so smoothly. It was all balanced out perfectly.

So yea, bottom line. You need to read this book.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram