This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Mercy's Revenge by Lacey Carter Andersen

by - Wednesday, February 24, 2021

 


Mercy's Revenge, (Guild of Assassins)
Lacey Carter Andersen
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Few people know the truth... fairy tales are really nightmares. Growing up as the daughter of the beast himself, I saw the wicked truth after happily-ever-after ended. And I vowed to use the only skill I had, my ability to kill, to gain my freedom. But I failed. Imprisoned for my mistake, I spent every day thinking about the three men responsible for my downfall. And what I wanted more, revenge or the life that was stolen from me. Finally free, I join the Guild of Assassins, only to come face-to-face in the training yard with the men I cared for…the ones who had me locked away. The wolf shifter who was my best friend. The man who always made my heart race. And the dark prince of the vampires himself. I wanted to kill all three of them. But joining the guild meant working together. The guild was the only place where my background—as a princess and a prisoner—wouldn’t be held against me. But our past is more complicated than I realized… and the future? Well, there might not be one. MERCY'S REVENGE is a steamy paranormal reverse harem with a kickbutt heroine. This is a whychoose romance, meaning that our heroine doesn't have to choose between her guys.





Why?!?!
Why you got to do us like that Lacey?!?!
There I was just trucking along reading this fantastic book then BAM! it's over. 
Talk about cliffhanger. 
Did not appreciate that one little bit. LOL. 
That is how invested I was with reading this that I didn't even realize I was coming close to the end. 




Mercy, our female heroine, is a kickass girl who hasn't had the best upbringing. 
Her parents are the Beauty and the Beast, though she never felt like a part of the family. 
She thought it was just because her parents didn't have any more love to give because they were so in love with each other, but that wasn't exactly the case. 
When Mercy had taken a job that landed her in trouble, she lost everything. 
And the two that she thought would always have her back?
They were the ones to betray her. 
Now that she is out, she is set for revenge. 
But what if the anger that she has been feeling for the last several years isn't as strong as she once thought in the face of those who betrayed her?
And what if they are the only two she can turn to in her time of need?
Mercy has to figure out what her future will hold for her, and those she cares about, as more and more is uncovered about who she is. 




My little synopsis there actually includes a little background that you get from the prequel, Mercy's End.
It is a short little read that goes into how Mercy ended up at the Guild of Assassins.
I thought it was a great thing to read prior to diving into Mercy's Revenge.
It isn't necessary, but definitely gives you an insight into all the characters you are getting to read about. 



We have three men who are in Mercy's harem. 
While this is a slow-burn romance, you can definitely feel the tension and the love (in some of the guys cases) these guys have for her. 
Sebastian, also known as Bash, is an unknown supernatural creature. We know he is something else, just not necessarily what that something is. He comes across as cocky and arrogant, but has a soft side only those closest to him gets to see. 
Hadrian, also called Rian by his friends, is the Prince of Vampires. There are rumors about him being a monster and keeping girls locked away in his room in cages so he can do as he wishes. He allows people to fear him, knowing that is exactly what his father wants. However, he is the complete opposite. 
Ares is a shifter, wolf to be specific. He grew up as a lone wolf after his dad was stripped of his shifting ability and cast out. His father took up as guard for Rian's father and they have lived among the vampires since. Because of this, it causes issues to rise for Ares.
These three have been friends for a long time and each fell for Mercy at different points, though it hasn't been discussed how things will play out if they ever take things further. 
Bash and Ares don't want Mercy at the Guild because they know a secret no one else knows, not even Mercy herself, though she is slowly unraveling it. 




This is a fast-paced read. 
Things seem to happen quickly and we are left reeling from everything that is being uncovered.
It's told from several points of view. Each of the characters has a say in what is happening around them. 
And it definitely leaves you hanging.
We found out some pretty interesting stuff and none of it gets solved in the first book. 
Will have to wait until book two to figure out how things will play out. 
Which I'm DYING to know. 




Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would highly recommend y'all reading it. 
Lacey knows what she is doing when it comes to writing. 
Stay on the lookout for book two!


Book Two in the Guild of Assassins series, Mercy's Fall, releases November 5th. 




You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram