This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Outcast: A Paranormal Shifter Romance (The Pack Prophecy Book 1)

by - Friday, March 12, 2021

 


Outcast, ( The Pack Prophecy series)
R.L. Caulder
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
The arrival of the Prophetess will bring both hope and destruction for the wolves of the world. She alone will be able to save them–or damn them.” The dark prophecy that has been passed down since the first pack of shifters is coming to fruition– and I am at the center of it. An orphaned human taken in by a pack of wolves. The fate of their existence in my hands. I’ve been treated as the dirt beneath the pack’s paws for years. Will they be able to accept my new role when my powers surface? Will I be able to forgive them enough to help them? The bright spot amongst all the turmoil...finding my three fated. Until one of them rejects our bond. The one thing I know for sure...death is coming for us all, soon, and the person responsible for it? Their betrayal is going to alter the shifter world forever. I’ll conquer my powers, protect the packs, and live happily ever after with my men, right? Wrong. No one is prepared for the vile truths of my visions to come to light.


Outcast by R.L Caulder is the first book in the new series The Pack prophecy, this is a paranormal shifter Reverse Harem and whoa, was it a rollercoaster of some serious emotions. Kira the main character is someone you instantly admire as the human servant to a horrible wolf pack.

After losing one of the only people Kira cares for she becomes more than a pariah in the pack she becomes a mistreated servant to them, thanks to the alpha for blaming her for events that as a child were completely out of her control. While reading this horrible mistreatment I wanted to yell at them for her, but she handles them with absolute grace I know that I do not have, I was absolutely in awe of her strength. She only had one person who showed her any sort of decency, her one true friend Milo. And wowzah is their chemistry on fire, so much angst!

However, everything changes, in gaining milo as more than a friend but as a mate, who knew from day one she was it for him (swoon right?) Then there is Seth who is not perfect since he never stood up during her torment, he does everything to show her love and that he is worthy of her affections. Yes, I love Milos sweetness, but Seth leaves me swooning with the bad boy vibe he gives off. These guys instantly take over as her protectors even from the third mate Seth’s best friend and the alphas son Jameson. Let me say I love/hate him, I think everyone does, you want to slap him over the head many times, but as this is a fated mate story it has some rejection. Jameson has a lot of darkness due to his mother dying, does not help to have a father like the cold Alpha but no mater what he throws at Kira she shows him her kindness and keeps giving him chances but he chooses poorly. Honestly, I love the idea of him fighting his way back in with her but part of me thinks there is no coming back.

I genuinely enjoyed this story, between the fated and rejected mate aspect, her mysterious background, the werewolf mythology. All of it just added such angst and unknown that you just want to keep reading to get the information. So much of this book you want to just reread and say OH MY GOODNESS, WHATTT! Maybe that was just me?

The ending of Outcast was a blow your mind moment that I did not see coming, it ends with a cliffhanger that makes you want to open book 2! So, all in all this book was a 5 star for me I cannot wait to see what happens next and get to watch how Kira will keep growing and changing and become who she needs to be within this whirlwind of a story. Looking forward to reading the next book.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram