This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Ravage by Lacey Carter Andersen

by - Wednesday, March 17, 2021

 


Ravage, (Royal Fae Academy)
Lacey Carter Andersen
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
I am bound to the dark... and the dark is bound to me. No one can know what I am. But this secret I carry, it isn't an easy one to hide. It burns within me. It changes me each and every day, making the line between me and the ghosts I love smaller and smaller. Yet no secret can remain hidden forever. The day my brother dies changes everything. I'm commanded to attend the Royal Fae Academy, a place that wouldn't welcome someone like me. But as much as I fear what will happen next, I have to find my brother's killer. No matter the cost. Danger haunts my every step. Someone here wants me dead. And my brother's three best friends are determined to protect me from my enemies. Only, they have no idea what I am. Or what I'm capable of doing. And even though I care for them, and I feel they care for me, I have to keep them away. Because the dark is where I belong. But these men? They belong in the light. Even if they don't know it yet. RAVAGE is the first full book in a steamy reverse harem romance series, (although there is a short prequel before it titled Revere). These books have a spooky edge, hot scenes, and a mystery to unravel. So if you love paranormal romances with tough heroines and protective men, you may want to preorder your copy now!




Start off by reading the prequel, Revere. It gives you insight into the characters and a little background that shows how things began for Esmeray and this journey she is about to embark on. It isn't necessary to read it, but it does help with knowing the characters. 


This isn't your typical love story.
Not even your typical reverse harem love story.
And I like that about it.
Sometimes you just want the angst and drama that comes with forming a new relationship.
And this book definitely delivers on that.





Esmeray has lived her life hidden away in the shadows because of her heritage.
But she prefers it that way.
She has her ghost and her monsters.
And they are all she needs.
It isn't until tragedy strikes that her simple life is shaken to its foundation and she must take a more active role in her society.
Yet, she has to still remain hidden because what she is...will only get her killed.



Esmeray has a tough exterior that she wants everyone to believe has no emotions or feelings.
Though that is further from the truth.
I think she feels a little too deeply, even if she doesn't want to admit it to herself.
That is proven with the three men who were closest to her brother.
Bron, Lucien, and Dwade.





They've known for several years that Esmeray was their mate, but kept their distance.
"It's for her protection," they say, but when push comes to shove?
They cave into her charms pretty easily.
We see a lot of back and forth between their decisions on how to handle their mate bond with Esmeray, but eventually we do see them telling her about it and everything else the secret entails.

This book is surrounded with mystery.
I don't want to give away the most telling part, but the rest revolves around it.
Esmeray is trying to figure out why this happened to her life and how to can make amends.
However, the further she digs, the more secrets she uncovers and she isn't as strong as she thought to handle some of the blows.

I'm curious to see how things will progress in the next book.
We end on a cliffhanger, but luckily the next book in the series is already out! 




The story is told from multiple points of view.
You have you heroes and the heroine, as well as a mystery character at the end.
Not sure where that is leading us, but can't wait to find out.

Overall, this is a highly enjoyable read.
Make sure you are prepared for some steaminess as well.
There are some interesting things going on in this book.
If you haven't dived into Lacey Carter Andersen's books, then I suggest doing so now.
You will not be disappointed.






Book two, Ruin, is already out for you to enjoy. 

Book three, Reign, is also already out for you to consume. 


You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram