This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Blindly Indicted by Katie May

by - Monday, April 05, 2021

 


Blindly Indicted, (Paranormal Prison)
Katie May
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
I lived my life as a prisoner. I’ve always been told stories about the real world, but I haven’t seen it for myself. All I have ever known is pain. And darkness. They tell me I have been blind since birth. When I make my escape, I think freedom is finally within my grasp... Until I’m captured by the paranormal police for a murder I didn’t commit. Apparently, I have powers—powers I have always suspected myself of having. Normal people can’t see through other people’s eyes, right? Thrust into Nightmare Penitentiary, I meet a group of hard, alpha, psychotic inmates who believe I’m the answer to all their prayers. Me? I’m just trying to survive and figure out what it means to live. My new home isn’t just a prison, but a labyrinth with horrors around every corner. But what if the cost of my life is my freedom? Am I willing to trade one cage for another? Welcome to Nightmare Penitentiary where you come in handcuffs and leave in a body bag. This is NOT a bully romance. These men are all hardened criminals and extreme alphas, but they adore their female. Be prepared to enjoy a painfully naïve female main character who slowly grows as the book progresses and a group of psychotic, murderous males. This book contains strong language, sexual situations, and a reverse harem romance. This is a 130,000 words reverse harem romance and a part of the shared Paranormal Prison world. This can be read as a stand-alone, however there will be a second book following Nina and her men!



I had read this when it first released, but apparently didn't write a review for it. 
My bad. 
When I realized a second book was releasing, I went back to refresh my memory on this one. 
I couldn't quite remember what had happened and who all the key players were. 
So glad that I re-read this and give y'all some insight into the book.
I'd forgotten how much I had enjoyed it. 


Nina, our female lead, has been a captive her entire life. 
She doesn't know where she came from, only pain from her captives. 
There is only one bright spot in her life, but when that is taken from her, she knows that she'll have to save herself. 
However, things don't turn out as she hoped. 
Just when she thought she was in the clear, another obstacle is thrown in her way.
She's accused of murder and thrown into Nightmare Penitentiary. 
More specifically, the labyrinth beneath.
Yet again, things take a turn for her.
This time for the better though. 

Nina is a blind and naïve paranormal creature of unknown descent. 
She has powers, but doesn't know where they came from or what she can really do with it.
It benefits her, but doesn't necessarily help others much. 
You just want to bundle Nina up and protect her from the world.
And that is exactly what her harem does for her. 
They don't hide their dark natures, not much at least, and Nina is the center of their world. They will destroy anyone and everyone who puts her at risk.


There are six members of her harem.
And let me tell you, it gets pretty steamy between them all. 
Blade, or as Nina knows him Kai (Malakai) is a dragon shifter. 
The twins, Abel and Cain, are demons. Abel is a trickster demon while Cain is a lust demon. 
Damien is a powerful mage assassin. 
Bronson is a shadow wolf. 
and Rion is a tiger shifter. 
Relationships start pretty early on in the book, though the steamy aspect takes a while to build up, mainly due to Nina's innocence. 
Each male is completely different, but all have some level of psycho in them. Some way more crazy than the others. 


The plot of the story revolves around their romance as well as trying to solve what exactly happened that night that Nina escaped from The Compound, which also starts to unravel what type of paranormal creature Nina is. 
It does leave us on a slight cliffhanger, but it isn't too bad. 
Many of the questions you have are answered but Nina is separated from her men and she is trying to get back to them.
Luckily, the second book has now been released and you can dive right into the next one. 


Overall, I absolutely loved this book and these characters.
I'm so happy that the second book has been released so I can dive into them once more and get my fill.
You definitely will not be disappointed with this book/series. 
Highly suggest checking it out. 


Book two, Blindly Acquitted, is out now!


You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram