This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Her Secret by Ivy Fox

by - Saturday, March 31, 2018


Her Secret, (Bad Influence )
Ivy Fox
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Our love is so much more than a mere catastrophic occurrence.” My name is Freya Wilson. I am not your typical girl next door. I’m far from it. As my mother likes to point out since I graduated high school, I should be planning my life instead of wallowing around the house, in my pajamas all day. Girls my age are either preparing for college or taking advantage of the warm summer days that California provides in spades. She doesn’t understand why I prefer to be stuck in my room, watching the world pass by. But there is a reason to my melancholy that she will never know. I’m in mourning. I morn a love I can never have. A love that if anyone were to learn about its existence, I would be judged and ridiculed. Branded with names too ugly to mention. Years ago, I had made the ultimate sacrifice so no one would discover my secret. However, now my secret is being put to the test. I will need to overcome one last obstacle. When fate brings me to live under the same roof temptation lies, I fear I might not be strong enough to hide my feelings. The moment I set foot inside it, my life takes an unexpected turn and the vision I once had of eternal solitude, seems out of reach. The chains I have weaved around me are no match for the allurement the house next door provides. There is no running away from love, and I was a fool to think otherwise. This love story involves five alpha knights that will do anything to get their princess back. If you believe that love conquers all, and adore all things Reverse Harem than this book is for you. *Bad Influence is a Reverse Harem series. Each book is a standalone novel, with all new characters and brand new love stories.

This is an 18+ book, the review talks about some adult stuff so .. yea. (You've been warned 😈)

Synopsis: 
Years ago Freya ran from her five best friends, her neighbors. Scared of having feelings for all of them and what they and other people would think of her she put up a huge wall between them. During those years the brothers pain turned them hard, angry and well basically bad boys. And Freya what did Freya do? Well she basically obsessed, stalked and pined for her boys; pushed everyone away in her life and was basically a shell. When circumstances put her under their roof for a whole month her old friends decide to take revenge on Freya and the general crazy begins. But the boys, now men have a lesson to learn about playing with their food. 

Overview:
"So Lauren what did you think about 'Her Secret'"? Me: "It was a wet and wild roller coaster! The best kind of train wreck! One minute they were fighting, the next they were all masturbating in the living room!" Me while reading in emogi's: 😶😮😣😟😡😢😌💦🙊😍😚😛💦💦💦💦💏💑😔😰😱😲💕😗💦💦💦💑 (This doesn't really contain spoilers I don't think)

So I really went back and forth about if this was 4, 4.5 or a 5 star. Quality well rounded story, yes! Our main character is hard at first to attach to, but getting to the end I felt that some of the slap worthy qualities in Freya were with good reason and purpose and she does redeem herself. One of the biggest issues she deals with is worrying about what others will think about her being with more than one man. She did deep damage to all of them by walking away , but come on she is thirteen, hormone filled and raised by pretty conservative parents.
 
via GIPHY

 Often I can say the male characters are what put so much flavor into our books. That completely holds true here, our boys are all brothers with the classic younger twins that are the first to start breaking down their walls for Freya. There is a good amount of POV's for the guys and I really enjoyed that the prologue was in the guys' POV. It basically made me want to side with them first from the start of the book Knowing their pretend hate was really deep hurt.

There is a nice author note in the end where the author talks a bit about her adventure into RH. This is her first book in the genre and is writing under a pen name, she has a background in YA/NA. She says in the note, "Maybe I hit the mark, or perhaps I missed it all together".  In my opinion she absolutely did nail it. There was a perfect blend of sex, romance, drama and story line. There was a roller coaster of emotions the plot shifted pretty quickly but in a way that kept your full attention, it wasn't overdone. So Ivy welcome to the RH Community please stay!

via GIPHY
**On that note kids one of the #1 ways to support our authors is to leave them amazon and goodreads reviews if you want them to stay, TELL EVERYONE what you think and review! **

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram