This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

A Song of Shadows (Otherworld Academy), Jenna Wolfhart

by - Thursday, May 17, 2018


A Song of Shadows, (Otherworld Academy)
Jenna Wolfhart
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
My new life at Otherworld Academy went from not-so-normal to downright-crazy fast. My best friend got turned into a shapeshifting beast, the Autumn Court tried to launch an assassination on the changelings, and I can somehow tap into the powers of all four courts. And that's not including my insanely attractive fae instructors who make me feel like the temperature has gone up a thousand degrees. But even though things were crazy before, it was nothing on how they are now. Danger lurks in every corner, new threats are closing in, and the storms are only growing larger. Now, I must learn to harness my powers with my four fae instructors, not only to save the changelings but the entirety of the faerie realm.
 A Song of Shadows is the second book in the Otherworld Academy series. This is a full-length reverse harem fantasy.


A Dance With Darkness
A Song of Shadows
A Touch of Starlight  releases 6/26

Norah is still learning how things work in Otherworld. It's not a great time to be uneducated as the courts seem to be gearing up for war. One in particular has taken an interest in Norah and asked for her help. Since things have been tense between her and her four instructors after the attack on the Academy she is ready to get a breath of fresh air outside Academy walls. She may just get more than she ever bargained for. Her trip to the Spring Court reveals a lot of secrets. Secrets that will change Norah's life as she knows it.

I personally found this book to be much more enjoyable than the first one. I liked the first one, there was nothing wrong with it, it was just more informative. It introduced us to Otherworld and explained how the courts worked. I feel like this book had more action and story. We still got some history on the courts and when Marin was Queen, there is just more story to go along with it.

The relationship build is still somewhat slow for some of the group. We focus more on two of the guys. I don't feel like the other two were left out in any way, they just weren't in the story line for things to go further. We definitely see where things can and will pick up between them all in future books and how they can work together as a group. There is a little sexy time in this book too which is a change from book one.

Norah learns a lot about herself in this book as well. Secrets have been kept from her but it's been done for good reason. When the truth comes out to everyone, things will get a lot more dangerous for her. I think it's a great little twist.

If you like books that are about fae and if you don't mind the slower burn books, then I definitely recommend this one. Even if you weren't 100% into the first one, I think you should give this one a go. The first book didn't pick up for me until the very end but this one kept me entertained from the get go.




You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram