This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Supay (The Unseen) by L.A. Boruff

by - Saturday, May 19, 2018


Supay, (The Unseen)
L.A. Boruff
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Five years of nothingness. Riley lived with pain and loss every second of every day. Her husband and child disappeared without a trace. They were gone and they were never coming back. Only emptiness resides within her now. A mysterious man shows up at her door offering her answers she never thought she’d get. He gives her peace after all this time. Until it all turns deadly. Dark secrets come to light. Chaos overtakes her life. Danger like she never imagined is now her reality. She’ll find the strength within her to survive. She’ll find allies in men she never expected. The truth will set her free … or destroy her entirely.


This book has a unique and interesting concept.
It was well-written and well laid out.

I don't want to give too much away with this story, but this is what I do have to say.

This story starts off with Riley's family gone.
No evidence to where they could have gone.
The police believe the husband packed up the children and left on his own accord.
But Riley knows he would never do such a thing.
Unable to cope with the pity from friends and the sea of grief threatening to pull her under, Riley decides to do something productive with her life.
She trains her body, getting stronger and learning different fighting techniques.
She also learns how to handle a gun on the off chance she will find out what happened to her family.
When an FBI agent shows up on her doorstep five years later, the simple encounter changes her life forever.


The author incorporated themes readers are well versed with, however, the approach is different.
I've never really studied Inca mythology, but I thought it was so cool how it was brought into the plotline.
There are various genres I can see this book covering and I think it will be interesting to see how it will play out.

With all this being said, I personally didn't get into the book.
I struggled with one aspect of the story and it carried throughout.
I found myself having a hard time making it through the entire book.
It wasn't anything bad, but just a personal preference to reading.

Normally, I would have given this book only 3 stars.
But since it is so well-written, so many intricate worlds, I couldn't justify just giving it 3 measly stars.
4 stars it had to be.
I could very easily see this one having 5 stars if I had enjoyed it more.

This author I think will be able to capture readers easily with this book.
I think many will enjoy and recommend it to others.
It just wasn't for me.
I can see myself recommending it if I see someone looking for something along these lines.
Just not an everyday recommendation.

I fully advise other readers to make their own opinion about this book though.
Read it for yourself to get an idea for it.
I think it might surprise you.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram