This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Becoming Briar (Rumple's Curse: A Reverse Harem Retelling Book 2) by Erin West & Nicole Kelley

by - Tuesday, July 31, 2018


Becoming Briar, (Rumple's Curse)
Erin West & Nicole Kelley
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
A curse spun of thorns. Thrown into the supernatural world, Rose must learn to adapt to her new identity. But learning the truth about her reality, turns out to be much more than she thought. Determined to protect herself, she begins training for the battle ahead. One of her mates could be the key to her success or failure. Surrounded by the dark, Rose must venture on a dangerous journey leading her places she never could have imagined. As decisions are made, new facts emerge and her relationships are tested. The result will set the stage for the course of her life. With growing expectations, Rose’s destiny looms closer as she discovers which side to fight for. The fate of her realm rests on her shoulders. Sleeping Beauty meets Rumpelstiltskin in this steamy urban fantasy reverse harem retelling. It’s intended for mature readers (18+) due to sexual situations, swearing and violence.


This is another story I went in a little hesitant.
I had liked the first story well enough, but didn't overly enjoy.
The storyline seemed rushed and didn't make sense to me.
So starting this one I was a little standoff-ish with it.
However, this story was slightly better.
Most of the story takes place in Hell with Rose trying to become strong enough to protect herself.
Bael is probably my favorite character in the entire book and I love how he struggles with his attraction to Rose.
But Rose is my least favorite and the reason why I think I struggle so much with this story.
She seems to have some major jealously issues, which some jealousy is good, but in this case I didn't particularly like it.
Most of them I think stem from her own personal insecurities.
Overall, it is a good book.
Is it something I would recommend at a drop of a hat? Probably not.
But I still would recommend it to someone if they are looking for this particular style of book.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram