This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Steps (Finding Their Muse Book 1) by Bea Paige

by - Monday, November 19, 2018


Steps, (Finding Their Muse)
Bea Paige
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
My dream of becoming prima ballerina is dead. Dropped by the Royal Ballet, I return home to my empty house in Cornwall with nothing but ghosts, and memories of a past I am desperate to forget. It takes months of depression before I pull myself out of the bleakness and attempt to start living again. With a new job as an assistant to the wealthy but elusive Sachov family, I find myself caught up in a tangled web of desire, pain and sexual awakening that will either destroy me entirely or bring me back to life. My name is Rose, and I am their muse. This is a why choose romance for 18+ readers ***Warning: This is a dark story that contains suicide, self-harm and other topics that may be triggering. Read at your own discretion.***


Holy moly guys!
Be prepared for a dark and twisted romance.

I'm not going to lie, when I first started to read this, I was skeptical.
There are certain aspects about it that I'm not a fan of.
Nothing concerning the dark side of it.
But more personal things-like cheating.
Ivan, one of the main male characters in the story, doesn't care if the women he brings back to the manor are married and have kids.
So that's something I wasn't really happy about, but I powered through knowing eventually he would stop.

This story is told from dual POV- Rose and Ivan.
We get another POV in the epilogue as well.

Rose has ghosts she is running from.
Things she has trouble getting away from.
After months of living in depression, she finally starts living again.
Interviewing for a new job as an assistant to the wealthy but elusive Sachov family.
It is here that she finds her true self.
The girl she has been shoving aside for years, but is able to release in the presence of these strange men.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this story except it was reverse harem.
However, it pleasantly surprised me.

The men in this story are dark and twisted.
Each in their own unique way.
However, this story focuses mostly on Ivan.
This is his book.
I have a feeling we will get a book for each man.
Which will be awesome.

Rose is dark and twisted in her own way as well.
Her desires have made her feel like she is wrong.
Especially once you learn why she feels that way-what she did to cause such a reaction.

Everything about this story was eye-opening and page-turning.
Once I got past the aspects I didn't like (which was only in one chapter), I devoured the rest of the story.

There is a warning on the synopsis, but I feel I should reiterate it.
If you are not a fan of suicide, self-harm, and depraved intimate scenes-this is not a book for you.

But overall, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to see what is in store for us in the next installment.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram