This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Unleashed: Valos of Sonhadra by Tiffany Roberts

by - Monday, November 19, 2018


Unleashed, (Valos of Sonhadra)
Tiffany Roberts
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Despite the shelter her adoptive parents have provided her entire life, Nina's psychic abilities have always hung over her like a shadow. The very powers that should give her strength have driven her to isolate herself. But lately, her craving for companionship — a mate — has become stronger than her fear. One foolish decision puts her life at great risk. And also provides a wondrous discovery... Aduun, Vortok, and Balir have existed in a state of constant rage and ravenous hunger for centuries, locked away in the beastly forms that were forced upon them. Their only thoughts were of revenge on their Creator — until a mysterious female falls into their underground prison, restoring their heartstones and their sanity. They know nothing about her, yet she may be their only chance at reclaiming their freedom. Unable to deny their intense attraction, they set out together to escape their Creator’s trap and rescue their lost people. Can they keep Nina safe and persevere in a world designed to destroy them? ------- *The Valos of Sonhadra series is the shared vision of nine sci-fi and fantasy romance authors. Each book contains their own Happy Ever Afters, and can be read in any order.


Tiffany Roberts is an author that I found last year when I started my blog.
They asked me to review a book and I've been hooked ever since.
This series has been a favorite, even sparked an idea for my own story idea.
When a book releases, I immediately go check it out.
But the ones by Tiffany Roberts have always drawn me in more.
Seeing them write in another one of my favorite genres, Reverse Harem, you can expect my heart went into palpitations. Especially since it's not something they have done before.
And boy did they do it!

While it isn't necessary to have read the other books in the series, I would recommend at least reading the other book they wrote in this series.
You will get a better understanding of a few things.
Again though, that isn't necessary.
You can read this book as a stand-alone.

This story takes place twenty years after the crash.
Nina was found as a child by Orishok and then raised by him and his mate, Quinn.
She was the daughter of one of the prisoners who survived the crash of the Concord, her mother suffering experiments like all the others.
Those genetic mutations passed on to Nina and she is able to read the minds of those around her-animal, valo, and human.
Because of her inability to control the thoughts she hears, she isolates herself with the city her parents have maintained.
When they leave on a trip, Nina decides she is tired of being alone and sets out to Utopia to find herself a mate. Someone who can love her like her parents love each other.
But things don't exactly go the way she plans, and after one night, things go astray.


This was a phenomenal story.
So much happens.
We get a great story about a world we thought we knew.
A romance with steamy intimacy scenes.
And a heart-warming reunion.
Everything about it sucked me in and I couldn't put it down.
Even when my eyes were drifting closed and I knew I needed sleep, I pushed through to finish the book.

What I love most about these stories is the unusual romance companions.
They aren't your typical aliens.
All of them take on weird characteristics.
In this story, they resemble animals.
You can see that from the cover.
And while that may seem like something you don't like, give it a shot.
Trust me, you will love how this romance plays out.

This book was just super fantastic.
It showed the characters internal struggles so well, as well as some of their physical ones.
I liked that the guys weren't these macho men and didn't show their shortcomings.
While they didn't let it slow them down, they know what their limits are.
Nina as well.
She has secluded herself because of her power, but she overcomes her fear and embraces who she is.
Learns how to control her power and use it for greater good.

Overall, I loved this book and can see myself picking it up again and again.
I highly recommend, not only this book, but the entire series.
You'll be surprised by some of the authors who contributed!

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram