This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Lies and Other Drugs by CoraLee June

by - Friday, December 14, 2018


Lies and Other Drugs, (Lies Trilogy)
CoraLee June
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Killing my brother’s murderers has become my latest obsession. Against the advice of my alcoholic therapist, I've left my life behind, moving across the country with just two goals in mind: Take down the elite Ivy League School that covered up my twin brother’s death, and seek revenge on the ones responsible. But nothing is what it seems at Blackwood University, and it starts to feel like I'm grieving a stranger. Although I’m prepared to do whatever necessary to bring his murderers to justice—nothing could prepare me for falling in love.


**Trigger Warning-if you are not a fan of suicide or abuse (all forms it comes in), this may not be the book for you. It dives into some pretty hardcore subjects and may be difficult to read.**

Sweet Holy Jeezus!!
So amazing.
So twisted.
So did not see that coming!



My brain is having a hard time processing what I just read.
In a good way.
The best way.
But still....holy moly!

I knew CoraLee could write a dark and twisted story.
She proved that with Sunshine and Bullets.
And while I knew this information, this still took my breath away with its savagery.

Octavia was the twin sister to William.
The only person she really loved and cared about in the world.
When he attended college across the country, it was a physical ache in her soul every day but assumed that is what he wanted to do with his life and never questioned him.
Learning he has died, of apparent overdose, sets in motion plans Tav must due to allow her mind to rest.
She knows there is no way her brother would have overdosed.
Not after everything they put up with from their mother growing up.
He wouldn't betray her like that.
The more she learns, the more truths that unravel leaving her to question how close she thought she was with her brother.

So first things first.
While I have stated this as a reverse harem, I could kind of see this not ending up that way.
I hope it doesn't because I love the guys she is with (most of them) and would hate to see her lose one.
She is with three guys in this story.
And while they each know about the other, it's not like they are all in a serious relationship together.
It's a little complicated and I don't want to give too much away, but everything is a clusterduck.



Second of all.
So many twisted plot lines.
Some of them you can see them coming.
Like who the ex-boyfriend is.
But everything else was a complete mind twirl.
This story kept me on my toes with every page turn.



Lastly.
That ending!
I was not ready for this to end.
And watching it stop there, I wasn't happy.
I am so excited to see what the next book will hold for us.



This book is so beautifully written.
While the content is so crazy, it flows so well.
The characters are amazing and their chemistry is off the charts.
I honestly don't know who is my favorite.
Though Octavia has the lead, I enjoyed all of them immensely.

Overall, if you haven't picked up this book, I highly suggest doing that right now.
It is that amazing.
That dark and twisted.
That I think everyone will fall deep into the world CoraLee reveals for us in the Lies trilogy.
I can see myself re-reading this one again and again.
And recommending the crap out of it. 


You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram