This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Cruel Black Hearts by Candace Wondrak

by - Tuesday, April 02, 2019


Cruel Black Hearts,
Candace Wondrak
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem

My name is Stella, and I am empty. I am broken. I am nothing. The only thing I enjoy about my life is my job at the Tribune. My focus in both my editorial and my personal writing involves serial killers. Even my best friend doesn’t understand my obsession with them. No one does. Until I meet them. Until Lincoln and Edward come crashing into my life, setting a fire inside me and awakening parts of me I never knew existed. Lust, desire, total submission. Together, they make me feel alive. Almost whole. Instantly I realize they’re both hiding something from me. Edward and Lincoln are not who they pretend to be—there’s a darkness inside of them, and it’s just like mine. Beasts waiting to emerge. But their darkness is not the only thing stalking my thoughts. There’s a killer on the prowl, making his victims pray to their gods after he kills them. I call him the Angel Maker—and I, I just might be his next angel.

 This is a why choose dark romance intended for 18+ readers. ***TW: This is a dark, psychologically twisted tale involving violence, stalking, and other topics some readers might find triggering. 18+ Be warned.***



Stella lives a life that is what some would consider boring.  Her one true enjoyment out of life is her newspaper job at the Tribune and her blog.  There she can focus on her fascination with serial killers. That is until Edward and Lincoln come crashing  into her life.  They are a whirlwind of lust, desire and they demand her total submission.  She freely gives it, not even realizing that they are what she needed to feel alive.  There is a darkness in them that calls to her.  Dare she say, calls to her own darkness.  One she has tried to keep locked up. But they are not the only thing taking up my thoughts.  There is a serial killer out there that she has dubbed the Angel Maker.  And she has not just caught the attention of Ed and Lincoln, someone else watches her.  Wants her.  Desires her.

Okay, I will say that I was warned that this was a dark book.  I enjoy the darker reads very much.  Usually what other people consider dark, I do not.  And you know, this lives up to it.  I fell in love with this dark and twisted read that had me all over the place.  The characters are so real feeling.  To get inside their minds and to see what they think, how they think.  Was just so fascinating to me.

Stella is such a complex character.  Right when you think you know her.  Yeah, you don't.  She was so beautifully written.  The guys, Edward and Lincoln.  Wow, what can I say but that they are so very dark, unapologetic, cunning, practiced, and both are so dark.  You don't know if you want to steer clear of them or become what they are fascinated with.  Then there is the Angel of Death, I cannot wait to find out more about what happens with him.

Loved the different point of views, it helped to understand the characters better.  You really get the sense of what and who they are.  This is a dark read, so if you are sensitive about certain things, I would be wary.  Having said that though, if you love a good, real dark read.  This is so it!!!

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram