This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Shadow Caster ( The Nightwatch Academy) Debbie Cassidy

by - Tuesday, September 10, 2019


Shadow Caster , (The Nightwatch Academy )
Debbie Cassidy
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem

Murdering humans is a huge no-no and comes with an off-with-your-head sentence. Doesn’t matter if you don’t remember doing the crime. I killed a human, and no, it wasn’t on purpose, but that shit doesn’t matter to the council. I’m facing death. So, when I’m offered a deal to avoid execution, I’d be a fool not to take it, even if it means leaving the human world and urban life behind to enroll in the Nightwatch Academy – a gothic monstrosity hidden from human eyes, located way too close to the largest tear in the fabric of our reality. It would be fun if I had any inclination of becoming a member of the Watch or supporting the shadow knights at keeping the Formorian threat at bay. But heck, the monsters beyond the mist aren’t my problem. I have personal demons to deal with. Once I’m out, the Watch can shove it. But one sip from the ceremonial goblet and my plans to coast are out of the window as my powers spark to life. I’m an anomaly, one the Watch won’t be letting walk any time soon. My only comfort is a man who prides himself on his ability to harness pain. Battle scarred and formidable, he’s my tutor, my mentor, and the object of some super saucy dreams. He’s completely off limits and my only hope of surviving my first test. I’ll need to harness my powers fast. There can be no distractions. But when my fellow cadets start going missing then returning with no memory of who they used to be and my best friend is taken, turning a blind eye is no longer an option. Allies are limited when you’re a freak. Luckily, I don’t need a cheer squad to get shit done. Whoever is responsible better watch out. I’m coming for them, and I’ll be bringing the pain.

The Vampire Academy meets Game of Thrones in this kick-ass, supernatural academy, Urban Fantasy with a slow burn Why Choose Romance.



THE NIGHTWATCH ACADEMY:
Shadow Caster
Shadow Weaver (10/10)
Shadow Warrior (11/12)




I am not silent about how much of a fan I am of Debbie Cassidy.  She is one of my unicorn authors.  I have loved every single story.  And just when I think she cannot come up with something better, she does.  Just when I think I have found my favorite main character, she comes out with her next series, and bam.  They are my favorite.  It takes a lot of talent to make these stories that grip you, like what Debbie does.  She always puts the meat of the story before romance, now don't get me wrong we have plenty of that,  and that is a welcome change of pace.  She provides us with what we are looking for when we read, a gateway into another world.

In Shadow Caster, book one of the Nightwatch Academy, we have our main female lead Indigo.  She has had a pretty lonely existence with a cold father, and a mother who does whatever he says.  Her father is a powerful man, or should I say vampire. She has always had to behave a certain way, even with her rebellious streak. When an incident leads her having to attend the Nightwatch Academy, vowing that as soon as she set foot in these halls she would try to find a way out.  But something unexpected happens.  Turns out she is not just an ordinary vamp, and here at the Academy she just had a whole new world open up to her.  It is up to her if she is brave enough to take it.

Like I said, absolutely engaging, a non stop read until I finished.  Indigo is such a bad a@@ character, that you cannot help but root for her.  She has had a lonely hard life, and getting to see her make friends and something more with some of the guys, was a big draw.  I just could not stop reading to find out who she would gravitate toward.  She has a good new bestie by her side, which their relationship rocks.  Minnie and Indigo together is what all best friends should be like.  Indigo is very protective of her friend, and you can feel their bond.  The guys, wow, where to start.  I know who I want her with, which I have my hopes on a few,  and we will just have to see who ends up with her.  I really liked all of the guys.  The fun ones and the intense ones.

Overall, this is a great first book in a new series from Debbie Cassidy that will no doubt become your new favorite of hers, just like me.


You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram