This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Amber (Jewels Cafe), Mia Harlan

by - Saturday, October 26, 2019


Amber, (Jewels Cafe)
Mia Harlan
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
I'm in love with my best friend. But one sip of a spelled pumpkin spice latte, and two shifters are calling me their mate. It's hard enough being a chameleon with wonky powers, but opening Jewels Cafe with my secret crush? Maybe not the best idea. Hiding my feelings for him is getting harder and harder. And if we don't get customers soon, our cafe will go out of business. So, as a last ditch effort, we create a signature drink. A pumpkin spice latte meant to save our cafe. I take one sip, and the sweetest bear shifter is drawn to me like honey. A sexy bunny shifter offers me his carrot. The guys don't even seem to mind that I randomly shift (and half-shift) into everyone I meet. But will I be able to juggle the three men in my life? Will we find a way to save Jewels Cafe? Or will another spell tear us apart? Amber is part of the Jewels Cafe series, a collection of reverse harem romances set in the same small town. Each book contains its own Happily Ever After. Be sure to explore the other titles in the series.


Amber is the first book in a multi author series. I have to be honest and say I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this story. Amber is a Chameleon and has always had a problem with her powers. She tends to shift uncontrollably, especially when she's nervous. She and her best friend Julian opened up Jewels Cafe. He's a witch and has his own problems with his magic. With the cafe struggling, they come up with a new menu item to help bring in the customers and save their little shop. One little sip is all it takes to rock their world.

Amber has never felt anything for anyone other than Julian her whole life, until Wes, a bear shifter, and Chase, a bunny shifter, show up. While two new relationships are starting to grow, her relationship with Julian is changing as well. On top of all of that, someone is trying to cause their little shop to fail.

Like I said, I really wasn't expecting much going into this series. I'm not always a fan of novellas because they can sometimes be more about cramming a ton of sex into a small story. That is not the case with Amber. Now don't get me wrong, we get a super hot sexy scene. Like holy cow guys. BUT, it's not the focus on the story. There is so much more going on. We've got friends to lovers, fated mates, witchy mishaps and some hilarious moments thrown in there. Definite must read from me.

As for the series, all the books are written by different authors but based in the same universe. We get to see some of the characters from the other books but you don't have to read them all to keep up. Although as much as I enjoyed this first one, I will be giving them all a read.

Amber
Sapphire
Peridot: releasing October 28th
Opal: releasing November 4th
Topaz: releasing November 11th
Ruby: releasing November 18th
Amethyst: releasing November 25th
Pearl: releasing December 2nd
Emerald: releasing December 9th
Onyx: releasing December 16th
Moonstone: releasing December 23rd
Rose: releasing December 30th



You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram