This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Sapphire by Eva Delaney

by - Thursday, October 24, 2019


Sapphire, (Jewels Cafe)
Eva Delaney
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
I only date for two reasons—blood and ice cream. After all, I’m an immortal vampire. I don’t want to stick around to watch my lovers die. What I do want is delicious treats, but when an errant love spell hits, I fall madly in love with three of my man-snacks: A wolf shifter who’s an Instagram model. A Pegasus shifter who shifts when he sneezes. Bob. Now, stupid feelings start screwing up my quest for free food. To make matters worse, I can’t avoid these men. I need their help to stop an old nemesis from turning everyone in Silver Springs into vampires... and worst of all, tainting all the ice cream. And did I mention trying to kill me and my men? Can I save my lovers and the town? And are these new men worth the risk to my heart? Sapphire is a paranormal reverse harem novel. It’s part of the Jewels Cafe shared universe. Scroll up to read this quirky, fun romance today.


I'm not quite sure on my feelings on this book.
Sapphire is the second book in the Jewels Café series.
This series is based in the same world, but each book is written by a different author, 12 in total.

Sapphire is an immortal vampire.
One who cracks sarcastic jokes and one-liners to keep people at bay and emotions from showing.
She was turned only a few decades ago, but likes people to assume she is much older.
Turned by the love of her life who was lost not long after, Sapphire wants to spend the rest of her eternal life eating ice cream and hooking up with randoms she finds on Tinder for a quick bite...the one from the neck.
That all changes one fateful evening in a coffee shop.



The book starts off with Sapphire in a coffee shop waiting for a Tinder date she plans to extort for free ice cream, as well as getting a drink from, while conversing with a wolf shifter she has a love/hate relationship with.
Wim is an Instagram model, yet you aren't sure what the deal is when this book starts.
The whole conversation is nothing but sarcastic lines back and forth. Nothing substantial between the two.
But you can tell they are fighting a deeper attraction.
In walks Bob, Sapphire's date. A human who is entirely too perky for a male. I think it's the first time I have ever seen a male character ever described as so upbeat, almost to the point of ignorant. It's an admirable trait, but can also be a little irritating.
Last, but not least, is the Pegasus shifter Mumford. A shifter with an allergy problem which causes him to shift with every sneeze. Ford is in love with Sapphire. You can tell from the beginning, but he knows as soon as he admits anything more, Sapphire will run.




I'm trying not to give too much away since this is a pretty quick read.
So much happens.
The relationship aspect isn't the main point of the story, though it is an ongoing constant.
I liked that it had a bigger story behind just steamy scenes, which there were only two.

Sapphire is a difficult character to understand but by the end, I think I had a better understanding of why she was the way she was.
She had thought her life was going to be one way for it to only be pulled from underneath her.
After determining she would live it another way, someone had another idea.
I'm curious about a small detail that was mentioned in the book, concerning their relationship and why it started, but we never learned more about it.
It may just be me over-examining things, but was just wondering.

Told from multiple POV's.

Overall, I liked the book.
Enough that I may even go check out the other books in the series by the other authors.
I haven't checked those out since they can be read as a stand-alone as I understand and still make sense.
Go check it out.



Little extra for y'all: at the end of the book, there is a link for a bonus scene featuring Bob and his meeting of Sapphire. It's a cute little insight into how Bob was feeling walking into the café.

Other Books in the series:

Amber
Peridot: releasing October 28th
Opal: releasing November 4th
Topaz: releasing November 11th
Ruby: releasing November 18th
Amethyst: releasing November 25th
Pearl: releasing December 2nd
Emerald: releasing December 9th
Onyx: releasing December 16th
Moonstone: releasing December 23rd
Rose: releasing December 30th







You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram