This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Taut Strings by Gabrielle Sands

by - Thursday, February 25, 2021

 


Taut Strings, (River Valley Rebels)
Gabrielle Sands
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
I used to think I’d become a professional musician, and look how that turned out. Rejected by Julliard. Orphaned at nineteen. Now, my dreams extend as far as putting my little sister through college. I shouldn’t be disappointed. Nothing truly great has ever come out of River Valley. Nothing other than them. When Bleeding Moonlight left this town ten years ago, they were a promising local band. Now, they’re gorgeous heavy metal legends. Talented, successful, fearless. Everything I’ll never be. They’ve come back to town to bury their bandmate, and they’re staying until they record the last album he ever wrote. The kicker? They’ve asked me to be his temporary replacement. Four weeks to earn the money I desperately need. I’ll be fine as long as I don’t get tangled up in old dreams again. As long as I don’t get tangled up in them.


Releases February 27

Book covers aren't 100% necessary to catch my attention but I'll admit this book cover was quick to catch my attention as I was scrolling through my fb feed a couple weeks ago. How pretty is that cover? 😍😍😍 I picked up this ARC for several reasons, first it is a standalone which while I love multi book series, I sometimes need a break from because cliffies are rough. Then rockstar reverse harem's are one of my, "Heck yes bring it here"- sub genres. 

via GIPHY


Adeline is a young woman who was forced to grow up too quickly after her parents died leaving her a guardian of her teenage sister. She struggles with who she is aside from caregiver, and her only pleasure is playing with her band. It was while she was playing with her band the remaining four band members of Bleeding Moonlight discover the answer to a problem they have.  They've recently returned home to bury their band mate, and finish the final album they plan to create together. Rocked by the loss of their band mate the guys are all lost in different ways. Complicated isn't what Adeline wants, she wants to take this opportunity to earn some money and learn new skills from the professional musicians. She has no desire to do more than that. She certainly doesn't see these four complicated men coming for her heart. 

via GIPHY


At some point though the music and the encouragement of the guys she is gradually letting in, start bringing her alive. As some one who went through a devastating loss herself a few years before she knows how complicated grief can look like. Eventually she starts feeling more like a missing piece instead of a band aid to the group. At the end of the day all of them must find the courage to move beyond ok into good and then take the leap for great. This is a no brainer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐for me, the story had everything you can ask for. A strong female lead, who has the ability for forgiveness and compassion but doesn't roll over and take bad behavior. Loveable but imperfect men who find the right person to bring them back to life. We have great supporting characters and a good solid background story. This isn't all rainbows and hearts but it is generally free of anything violent or triggering; so its pretty much anyone's kind of RH book. 

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram