This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Dark Demise (Wings of Artemis), Rebecca Royce

by - Sunday, January 21, 2018


Dark Demise, (Wings of Artemis)
Rebecca Royce
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Time isn’t kind… Waverly Sandler is nothing like her mad father. She’s a nurse. She takes care of people. She is fighting to live down her name. She’s also a sister, a friend, and someday, if the universe is kind, she hopes to be a lover and a wife. Life at The Farm is one of constant activity, because freedom exacts a high price. When Waverly is tapped for a special assignment, she’s eager to rise to the task of being useful, but the last thing she expected was the attention of four of the strongest, most united group of men she’s ever met. Ari, the doctor who sees things. Jackson, the man determined to live down his past. Rohan, the Super Soldier who longs to be a person. Canyon, the Super Soldier who sees the possibilities of a better life. They need her more than she could ever know, and will change her life in ways she could never anticipate. All they have to do is survive war, disease, and time…


Releases 1/23


Waverly. The unwanted Sandler daughter. Mentally and physically abused by her father all her life, she's struggling to settle in to her new life on The Farm. She's a great nurse so she gets to pass her time helping others. Until she's chosen for a special mission. It just so happens to be with the 4 men she's been dreaming about since her arrival. This new job opens her eyes to all kinds of secrets and new experiences. Not only does she have to adjust to all these changes, she has to survive.

If you have read all the books in the series then you have already met our main characters in this book. If you are like me, you've been waiting on pins and needles for their stories. I fell in love with Ari wayyy back when, and I'm so glad to finally get to focus on him and his story. Jackson caught my attention when he popped in a couple books ago and I've been biding my time waiting for more. Our super soldiers came in strong and they are always a mystery. I enjoyed getting to know more about them. And our poor Waverly. She's been so beat down and broken. How can she ever overcome all her emotional issues and realize that she, even though not perfect, can be, and is, loved fiercely? Y'all wanted your imperfect female lead and Rebecca delivered. She's not beautiful, she's not tiny, she's not confident. She is someone you can't help but love though.

 I have to say, I've read all the books in this series and I fell in love with each set of characters. This group is my favorite though. They caught my heart with all their pain, they drew me in with all their loyalty. I'm not a crier in books. It takes a lot to bring me to tears. While I didn't actually have any fall, I definitely teared up with this one.

We don't just have the emotional issues to deal with though. We are in the middle of a war. We are still trying to take down Waverly's dad, the Sandler cartel, and also Evander Corporation. Things are really picking up and while they are making progress against them, there are things at play that they could never imagine. Evander has stepped up their game and things get instense!

Like the other books in this series, Waverly and her guys will get two books. So while we aren't really hanging off the cliff by a limb, things are not resolved in this book. Light Unfolding will be their second book and I personally hope it comes out soon!! I fell so in love with this group and my heart is breaking for them right now. They are a fierce, loyal, smart and determined group. I have no doubt they will fight their way through this next obstacle with a hell of a story to tell.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram