This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

The New Girl (Shifter Academy ) Scarlett Haven

by - Monday, September 30, 2019


The New Girl , (Shifter Academy: United )
Scarlett Haven
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem


I’ve been locked away my whole life, because my alpha thinks that I’m an embarrassment. I’m the runt of my panther pride—not good enough, not strong enough, and different than everybody else. Then I get the letter. Shifter Academy says that my enrollment is mandatory. This is the chance I’ve been waiting for. Once and for all, I will prove that just because I’m a runt doesn’t mean I’m not strong. I’m going to Shifter Academy, and not even my alpha can stop me.

 The New Girl is the first book in the Shifter Academy: United Series. It is a slow burn, reverse harem (RH), why choose, fast paced, action packed, young adult (YA) paranormal romance. This book follows Layla, an eighteen-year-old panther shifter, through her senior year at Shifter Academy against the will of her alpha. Her story takes place in a world filled with different types of shifters, fae and many other supernatural creatures.




SHIFTER ACADEMY:
The New Girl
The Lost Girl ( coming soon)
The Forever Girl (coming soon)



I have become a big fan of Scarlett's work.  She has so many series, and every time I think I found my favorite out of hers, along comes another one.  I believe this series is going to the head of the line.


In The New Girl, we are introduced to Layla.  She is a panther, a runt, and her pack has been cruel to her whole life.  She is beaten, starved and left alone.  Her alpha has denied her going to Shifter Academy, but the Shifter Academy is insistent that she goes, and her alpha cannot ignore the summons.  So she sets off,  not knowing what this experience brings.  Hoping that she wont embarrass her pride, to stay out of trouble.  But what happens when her destiny finds her too?

I really think that Layla and her story has moved to the top of my favorite read by Scarlett.  This is a YA of course, so Layla has not had a nice life, and yes she is an innocent and it shows.  I am really going to enjoy watching her grow into the person she is supposed to be.  I do not want to give away to much of the plot, that is part of what hooked me into the story so much.

Overall, I really enjoyed The New Girl and I would highly recommend this series.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram