This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Her Dark Moon by Helen Scott

by - Monday, February 22, 2021

 


Her Dark Moon, (House of Wolves and Magic)
Helen Scott
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
As a lone wolf, I avoid imprinting on a mate like my life depends on it. Because it does.  My brother gave his life to help me escape the pack. Now, after being in hiding for the last few years, I'm seeing shifters outside of their normal territory, and they're getting closer to my little patch of wolf-free paradise. If they find out I'm still alive, they'll haul me back and mate me to some random wolf, keeping me as a breeding machine to perpetuate our species. Forced imprinting is supposed to be forbidden, but if I know my pack, that won't stop them from getting what they want. With danger lurking around every corner and the chance of me being caught getting ever higher, I'm on the verge of descending into hopelessness. Until I meet Roman. But what if he's just the lure to chain me to a different pack? As badly as I want to be free from the obligations of a pack, that freedom just might cost me the guy. But as it turns out, my feelings for Roman are only half my trouble... If you love the mystery of JR Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood and the magic of Ilona Andrews' Hidden Legacy, then you'll love House of Wolves and Magic!





First off, I want to say that Helen Scott's covers are always so freaking fantastic. 
They always draw me in. 
I don't even have to read the synopsis/blurb to know I'm going to get a good book. 
Everything she writes is phenomenal.



Second thing, I will state that a slight trigger warning might need to be added to this book. 
Nothing happens to the characters in this book, but it is talked about, and there is a part where you think it might happen. 
So if you are uneasy with things involving drugs, unwanted attention, and death...this isn't the book for you. 




Nina is on the run from her previous pack after they murdered her parents and older brother. 
However, she didn't go far due to lack of funds.
But she made sure she was far enough away from the wolves who would know her. 
And she stuck to a routine. 
Work, gym, home, and the occasional run in the nearby park.
Everything was going great until she accidentally runs into a drug deal. 
Later a shifter comes into her work. 
Then it seems as if shifters are everywhere. 
When her past finally catches up to her, she has no idea what she is going to do. 
Luckily, fate has something in store for her. 


Okay, I will say that I think Nina is a little on the dumb side. 
I liked her personality wise and character wise for the most part, but don't think she had the brightest IQ in decision making. 
She ran away but was in the same city just on the opposite side because she didn't have money to leave.
I get that, makes sense. However, she is working under the table at a mechanic shop. I feel like she could have at least gone to another city and done the same thing (she is a wolf so she could even have ran through the woods to save on money), but that's a personal opinion. 
When her past catches up to her, she STICKS TO HER ROUTINE. 
The guy from her past has been watching her, but she doesn't change things up to throw him off?
Seems kind of sketch. 
I think I would have RUN as soon as he cornered me the first time. 
Finally, when she meets her mate, she freaks out and RUNS HOME WHERE HER PAST FINDS HER!
She has to call her mate to come save her because she has no idea what to do. 


Her two mates, Roman and Micah are complete opposites.
And treat the mate bond completely different.
Though both of them consummate the relationship quickly. 
We see Roman early in the story, but don't see the bond take effect til later on.
Micah is at the very end. 


This story ends on a cliffhanger.
Roman, Micah, and Nina have just solidified there triad when an unexpected visitor shows up and decides to run and tell the counsel about it.
Definitely curious to see what happens next. 




While this is currently a ménage, it does end up being a reverse harem.
Nina will end up with three mates by the end of the series. (I checked ahead while looking for a RH book to read)
Overall, I enjoyed the book and definitely want to see more. 





Book two, Her Fated Mates, releases February 26th. 

Book three, Her Shadowed Wolves, releases March 26th.



You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram