This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

Carved in Stone (Protectors of Magic), Jenna Wolfhart

by - Saturday, January 27, 2018


Carved in Stone, (Protectors of Magic)
Jenna Wolfhart
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
The hunters think I'm dead. For now. Well, it turns out I'm a demigoddess. The only being in the world who can save magic from being completely destroyed. Unfortunately, I don't have the sword that can unlock my true potential, which means I'm not doing any saving anytime soon. So, when the Blood Coven extends a heartbreaking yet tempting offer--my sword in exchange for one of my hot and caring gargoyle guardians--I accept. Saying goodbye feels like a stab in the heart, but I don't have any other choice. Magic must be saved. But when we arrive at the coven's castle to make the exchange, we soon discover that we've walked straight into a trap. And if we can't escape within the next three days, the City of Wings will fall, along with every supernatural life within it. Carved in Stone is the second book in a new reverse harem urban fantasy full of magic, danger, and romance.


Wings of Stone
Carved in Stone
Bound by Stone Releases 2/23

This is the second book in the series so this review might contain some spoilers on the first book. Not much more than what's already in the blurb but here's your warning before you read my review.


So far their plan has worked. The magic hunters believe the demigoddess to be dead and magic to be gone from their world. Even still, they are keeping an eye on things to make sure. The hunters aren't the only people they need to be looking out for though. Being the only person who can keep magic alive attracts a lot of attention. Now they just have to know who to trust.

Rowena, the gargoyles and the witches are all back in the City of Wings. Ro already has her mind on the next task though. She needs her sword. Unfortunately, the gargoyles aren't too keen on her plan. All that gets thrown out the window when the sword ends up in a completely different place. The Blood Coven. Marcus's home. In order to get her sword back, she must travel with Marcus back to their castle where he will remain to honor his oath. You can imagine not everyone is loving this plan either but what else can they do?

This book is packed full of lies, deception, fighting, secrets revealed and some walls finally being broken down. Ro has to dig deep and find a strength she didn't know she had. Deals are made, battles are fought, lives are lost. So many things happen in this book. Yet, with all that happens, I'm still stuck on that ending. Oh. My. Heart. This series just popped up out of nowhere and has totally captured my heart. I fell head over heals in love with these gargoyles. They are so strong and fierce and yet Ro ends up protecting and saving them just as much as they do her.

This is a slower burn on the romance side. We do pick up a little more in this book and get an understanding on some things romance related that happened in book one. *cough* Jasper *cough*

All in all if you haven't read this series yet I definitely think you should give it a shot. I may have to do some super stalking and see if I can wiggle my way into Jenna's good graces enough to get on an ARC team or something. I don't know if I can wait a month for the next book!!!

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram