This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

A Dance With Darkness (Otherworld Academy), Jenna Wolfhart

by - Wednesday, March 28, 2018


A Dance With Darkness, (Otherworld Academy)
Jenna Wolfhart
Goodreads, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
I’ve always felt like an outsider. Until my eighteenth birthday, I didn’t know how true that was. First, I started seeing strange things. Then, the tips of my ears began to shift. Now, even touching something made of iron makes me sick. Am I losing my mind? When four mysterious fae males corner me in the street, they bring terrifying news: I’m not human. I’m a changeling, a fae swapped at birth. Under their powerful yet infuriating guidance, I return to Otherworld to train at their academy and determine to which of the four faerie courts I belong. But there’s something much more dangerous than the four fae vying for my attention. And if I don’t unravel the fae’s secrets, none of the changelings will survive. Including me. A Dance with Darkness is the first book in a new spellbinding reverse harem fantasy series.


Norah never really fit in. People tended to stay away from the weird girl. Except for Bree. She was always there for Norah, until one day she wasn't. The strange things happening to Norah were just too unbelievable. Unfortunately, they were true. Finding herself without her one friend and in a dire situation, Norah has no choice but to follow the four strange men who seem to have been protecting her. Even with all she had learned she never expected what she walked in to. A new world. A new purpose. A whole new life. The more she learned about this new world though, the more questions she had. Questions that nobody wanted to answer. The truth is ugly sometimes, and can be very deadly.

I was really excited to start this new series by Jenna. I love her Protectors of Magic series and I was excited to see what she would do with the Fae in this one. I have to say, I didn't automatically fall in love with this book. I had a hard time in the beginning. We focus more on Norah in the human world, what's going on in her life and the things that lead up to her leaving. It's not that it wasn't interesting, it just didn't DEMAND my attention. Once we got into Otherworld though, things really picked up for me. We got a better feel of the four instructors and got to interact with them more. We started to learn more about the Otherworld and it's history which I found very interesting. I can't say that the action picked up in the second half b/c we had a lot in the first half too but it was a more....intriguing action for me. When all the secrets started coming out I really got pulled in to the story. There wasn't a whole lot of romantic relationship time. There were little moments here and there though.

Overall, I definitely think this is worth reading. I really did enjoy the plot of the story and the characters. I'm excited to see where we go next, especially now that all the backstory is done to get us where we need to be. So don't give up if you don't get sucked in right away.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram