This blog is recommended for 18+ due to the books that are shown.

On The Hunt (The Travelers Book 1), TL Reeve & Michele Ryan

by - Sunday, July 02, 2017


On The Hunt, (The Travelers Series)
TL Reeve & Michele Ryan
Goodreads/a>, Amazon
It's a...Reverse Harem
Julian Rienhard and Theodore Graham are in over their heads with their team mate, Piper. The intelligent woman drives them insane, while also challenging them scientifically. Julian realizes there is something different about their relationship, and he’s willing to accept it, as long as his best friend Theo does as well. But the stubborn, aggravating woman doesn’t know the meaning of wait. Piper Thomas is tired of waiting. Half in love with her three team mates, she isn’t sure how to approach them, feeling the constant need to prove herself. So, when the White Chapel case is given to the team, she takes matters into her own hands and goes in search of the infamous killer, Jack the Ripper. Heath Jacobs, their resident crime writer, hits them with the worst news possible with an article dated for the same day Piper returned to the heart of London. Piper is dead. Now, it’s a race against the clock to find her and stop her death. Will they be able to get to her in time and confess their attraction for her, or will Theo follow in his father’s footsteps and be too late?


Releases 7/5


Piper, Julian, Theo and Heath are time travelers. They are a team being sent back in time to solve cold cases. They aren't there to change the past but to do scientific work to gather the truth and prove it. Things haven't been going too great so far and Piper thinks the new case will keep the program from being shut down. She has her own theory on the famous Ripper case and is determined to prove it. When the guys are tied up with their own work she runs off on her own, not only determined to prove herself but avoiding her feelings for her teammates as well. When the guys check in on her progress they find something that upends everything. They drop everything to rush back and find the truth. The guys are more focused on Piper than they are the case. They know how they feel but aren't sure how to approach the situation. They stay to help but with their focus sidetracked it leads them to a situation that could end them all.

I was really torn on how to rate this book. When I started it I just really couldn't get into it. I understood the casework part of the book but the relationship aspect really confused me. I wasn't sure if I had missed something that happened before that led them all to feel the way they did or if I was just supposed to know it's how it was. It seemed like they all wanted the same thing but didn't know how to approach the situation and were all running from it but I wasn't really sure why. It was almost like there had been a relationship between Piper and one of the men before and the others didn't want to intrude.

I put the book down and read something else. I came back more focused and at first I still had a little trouble. Once I got to about the half way mark though things really picked up. I felt like it was all coming together more. The side story of their work and the main story of their relationship came together. The work side really picked up in action and had me sucked in wanting to know what was going to happen. By the time I got to the end I was really happy that I stuck it out.

I always like to let you know where we stand on the sexy time in the books too. We definitely get the sexy time in this one. Pretty detailed and these boys have some dirty dirty mouths.

I think it's an interesting story concept and you should give it a go. I know sometimes you download the sample and see if it hooks you before you buy but I'm not sure that's going to help you with this one. It really took me a while to get into it. But again, I'm really glad I stuck it out b/c the second half of the book was really good.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram